Tuesday, February 12, 2013

North East Travel

So just a quick update as I it is already WAY later than I wanted to be out and about.

I did it! I left! Monday, Feb 11 at 1:30pm I left Milford, CT and headed on my journey. Of course it would not be without worry... Lake size puddled were everywhere making my car steam like crazy and putting me into an absolute furry of concern!  Then once that finally simmers down... my Low Tire Pressure Gauge comes on!! COME ON!! Three gas stations later I still cannot find an air hose that is clear of the snow... Thankfully the Fairfield rest stop pump was open. And thanks to the little kit my aunt and uncle gave me I actually knew what my pressure was because the air pump had no gauge! Of course while I am there I forgot to pick up ice for my cooler! I even went inside! Bagh!

It was a little rainy and very foggy but a steady drive... until I get within 20 miles of the GW... what a disaster! It took forever!!

Get into Jersey... getting constantly funny smells... making me worried about my car again.... but then I remembered where I was... yucky! get me out of here! Gas, ice and pee break later I am on the road.

I really wish I had gone through during the day because it seemed like there were some cool things I would like to check out... some other time perhaps...

Made it to Baltimore!! Had a nice dinner and drink and catch up with an old friend from college and then was off again. There was NO way I was trying to deal with DC traffic in the morning (or as it would turn out afternoon!) lol...

So I found a nice cheap, clean enough motel in Charlottesville, VA and that is there I am writing you from. You have to appreciate the beauty of the North East: CT, NY, NJ, DE, MD, and VA in all less than 10 hours driving! Woo Hoo

Now off to adventure on my way to Knoxville and the meeting Manson's cousin :-) Sure is great to have friends who are also travelers -- their families are soo accepting haha.

Farwell for now!

*Star

No comments: