Monday, April 1, 2013

Broken Promises

Yet again I have not kept up with this... But it has been pretty hectic couple weeks.

I started and made it through the first week at work. It was a bit boring... I still am waiting on some passwords and stuff but the people are pretty awesome so I am of with it. I freaked out a little bit about the insurance they offer... $2500 deductible... but the company contributes toward the savings account each pay period so that is helpful.

I found a great spot for my Monday nights. Met a bunch of pretty cool people, played free pool until 10, learned how to play fooseball, $5 burgers and cheap good beer - who wouldn't love it?! I kind of ditched out this week for a few reasons... I started a gluten-free/soy-free dietary change to hopefully help make my stomach feel better. This has made me a little sluggish. I have not been exercising either which adds to the sluggishness. The $5 burgers and beer are very tempting and trying to remain gluten free that does not help... esp not on the first day... Additionally, I spent a ridiculous amount of money yesterday eating out a bunch and I figure I should probably try to slow down my spending.

The week before I started work, I decided to go and get my eyebrows waxed... OMG I could kill some people! I specifically mentioned my soy allergy because I have had issues in the past at salons with different lotions and things. Ends up the chick doing my eyebrows waxed me with soy based wax!!! After we had a convo about my allergy!! I was pissed. The estichian was awful, I had to write corporate in order to even get a refund on my waxing and they took it so lightly. The manager actually had the audacity to say that she hopes this situation would not keep me from coming back and shopping at the store. Ya right lady!! Like I would ever go back there. I was having an allergic reaction (skin and other allergy symptoms) for almost a full week.

Will got a job and headed off to Sacramento for four months. And Jess' bro is still in town. Thank goodness for Pete and Lara for putting me up for a couple nights while the house was a little too packed to deal with. So needless to say its been kind of chaotic... poor grayce and jess are both trying to deal with Will leaving... but kind of not quite dealing since greg is still here.

It was sad missing mom's birthday and easter. Not that I have had every easter at home, but I usually at least have a a sit down dinner... this year I just spent a shit ton of money -- breakfast and drinks at snooze, shopping for easter stuff, then dinner and dessert at Oskar Blues... rough day for the pocket book. I am seriously missing home and my family and friends as I am kind of getting settled in. Its a little tough not having my actual own space yet, but we shall see what happens.

highlights: making positive changes in my life, hopefully getting more work through Taft coming soon, getting good amounts of taft work in, liking the people I work with, meeting lots of cool people both through Jess and Pete and Lara. Hopefully the sun will start shining regularly- sunday was so nice I got a bit of a sun burn -- gotta lot the high altitudes!  well that is enough blubber for now. I will try and be better about this...

I am also trying to learn a new language-- if i can ever get my program to work, taking a class on ancient greece, and trying to be as involved as possible. here is to a good week!

No comments: