Wednesday, February 1, 2012

All the Marbles

So one of my roommates and I... I have five... a big change for me, but a topic for another time...
Anyways, we were talking the other day and came across an interesting topic she's learning about in her Masters Macroeconomic class. Is it more economically profitable to find your niche to focus on and then outsource everything else... and if so, how far can you take that example. We got on to the subject of house updates and chores... which ultimately got way out of hand in the realm of excuses to keep us from having to do things... but it really made me think...

What exactly is my niche, what am I great at, what is my singular greatest passion??? I have a many talents and interests, but I feel like there are very few things that I go out of my way to know everything about? I love gymnastics, but I do not follow gymnasts or the sport... the same with pole... I never get so involved with music that I would be able to point out the guitarist of my favorite band... or most times even know his name.


Similar thoughts go into my career. What are the things that define me and my career path. What is my personal brand? Honestly, I was reading an article today about personal brands and realized I am totally lost in what mine is. I am not sure if that is because I do not have a business to brand, but I am a marketing person so I should be able to figure this out!

I guess my brain is fried from being over worked with two jobs, multiple moves, health craziness and generally just trying to figure out my life and my next steps.

Well I am working on things slowly I guess further pondering and exploring the aforementioned problems can get added to my list of goals for the future.

Just to keep my random thoughts rolling here are some more of the goals I thought up...

Increase Vocabulary
Read at least one book a month
Utilize the technology at hand to get more organized (schedules, to-do's, appointments, etc.)
Use my marketing skills toward my career
Call a friend or family member at least once a week
Take a closer look at relationships and evaluate which are worth putting time into and which are not
Be Healthy - in all aspects and decisions -- be balanced
Invest in the good things in life and let the negative and bad things fall to the wayside
Make the most of my time... explore places and meet new people -- make connections
Find a passion! Follow it to wherever it takes me
Learn more and put focus into learning my religion
Learn more and take an interest in politics... at least the basics.

I am sure there are more... but this is a pretty good start I think.

No comments: