Thursday, August 21, 2008

Here Goes Nothing

Hi! My name is Jessica. I have a really great uncle who is always doing his best to inspire me and help me win my fight toward success. His most recent way was sending me the blog of someone blogging about his search of finding a job. This quickly caught my attention, as was said by my uncle, he has "the smarts to advertise that (he is) looking for a job to a massive list of people who can probably help him get one". So here is my unoriginal idea (always give credit where it is due - Thank you Daniel Feuer).

Prelude: This being my first attempt at this I foresee it being very jumbled and chaotic at points. I do not want to start revising myself just yet. I would like to be able to find my flow with writing in a way that is fulfilling for myself, but also brings the reader something.

A little bit about myself...

I am a Bryant University Graduate with a Bachelor's Degree in Marketing with a Minor in Communication.

I have a somewhat ranging area of experience. I have held basic to managerial positions in restaurants, marketing internships with a health center and a ballet company, ran a shoe store, did marketing and event planning for a tax company. I have done office work, built rooms, and heavy duty cleaning. I walk dogs, teach children gymnastics, and help fix basic problems with cars.

I love learning and truly want to go back to school for a Master's Degree, and a Massage Therapist License.

I think I am multifaceted and very flexible. Ambitious and truly determined to succeed at everything I do.

I love meeting new people!

I am nervous about my writing abilities as I maintain high aspirations and standards for myself, and I have not written for other people's eyes on a regular basis in quite some time.

I feel grounded, but very lost. My ambitions are not as guided as I would hope, however, I feel that leaves me open to many more possibilities.

I think one day I want to own a restaurant with its own music venue in the back, but I know I have a lot to learn before that day comes.

The biggest thing I want from any job or career is the ability to learn something new every day!

I love all sorts of feedback because it helps to keep my on point and constantly allows me to improve myself.

No comments: